Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week Six

Three Words: Blizzard Number Two.

I hope that many of you who read this share in my misery. With the exception of yesterday, I have not driven my car in over a week. There are no sidewalks. The government was closed for a week. I'm not even going to mention the gym. Cabin fever. I know it's evil, hateful, face.

Sometimes you have a plan. And then sometimes Mother Nature, says OH HELL NO. And that's pretty much what happened. I have not been able to leave this tiny shoebox I live in for almost two weeks.
I
AM
LOSING
MY
MIND

So...about that diet. Ummmmmmmm, yeeeeaaaaaahhhhh.
Let's just say I haven't GAINED any weight which is a miracle in itself because the last time I made a grocery store run before the last storm, the only foods left were highly processed, refined, junk that I normally wouldn't feed my dog...but you gotta do what you gotta do, right? And what can I say? My kid LOVES hot dogs...even if they are full of lips and butt holes and nitrites.

So, the spouse is back to work today. The gym has reopened. And I am once again ready to do this. You know, you fall off and you get back on. That's what determination is about. NOT GIVING UP...even when you fail...again. And again. (annnnnd according to Albert Einstein it could also be classified as insanity...but hey, I've never been fond of the term normal anyway)

I am supposed to go back to Indiana for two weeks in March and BY GOD, I WILL NOT show my face there the same size I was the last time I saw my family...so I'm about to get medieval on myself!

THE PLAN: Back to South Beach Phase 1 (but including select fruits) for two weeks....Dear God, pray for me because this is HARD! But I KNOW if I can just do this for two weeks I will lose about 10 lbs giving myself a kick start and some momentum at which point I will switch back to WW until I reach my final goal.

I ordered the Skechers Shape Ups Shoes on the recommendation of several people and as soon as we have sidewalks again, I'll be walking everywhere in those lovely duds (<-- Insert sarcasm there...they are NOT cute, but I would wear a cow's bladder and a monkey's paw as a hat right now if you told me it would help me reach my goal)

Today I go back to the gym and will try to go 5X a week doing as much as I can before Ari has a fit and they have to page me to rescue her from the childcare area.

Soooooo, that's my story. Here we go. Again. Wish me luck. Again.

2 comments:

  1. Make sure to let me know what you think of those shoes once you try them out. I've considered getting them too even if they are ugly as sin!

    Good luck on SB again. I'll be praying for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the Sketchers are just too fugly for you, look into the Reebok EasyTone. I ordered those, same benefits (pretty much) but 100xs better to look at. In my unsolicited opinion, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete