Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week Two

Well, it's been two weeks since I started this journey. I've come to stop looking at the big picture and take one day at a time. I tell myself, let's just get through this day, and then we'll focus on tomorrow. And it's working!

I remember when I had Ellie, my mom kind of laughed one day as she said, "Well that's the last hot meal you'll ever get." And I think as mother's of small children, it's easy to form the habit of wolfing down your food in order to be able to eat it before someone needs something. At least I know that's a habit I had formed. So this past week I have really focused on savoring each bite for its flavors and textures instead of simply shoveling food into my mouth to achieve a sense of fullness.

This week brought with it some nice days outside and I took advantage of them with my new bicycle trailer. And NO, I did not spend that much money on it. I found it on craigslist. Because we have had two rounds of colds in this house, I haven't been able to get to the gym. So, I've just tried to incorporate as much activity into my life as possible. Like walking to the store, taking a bike ride, and parking far away at the stores. Everyone's well now so this week I plan to go to three classes at the gym. I'm also riding the bike with the kids in tow to the library for our weekly visit. It's about a 6 mile round trip.

It hasn't all been easy though. I am still breastfeeding Ari, and contrary to what everyone told me (EH-HEM MOTHER!!!) the weight doesn't just fall off of me and I can NOT just eat whatever I want. It's just the opposite in fact and my body seems to ( at this point) cling to every last ounce for dear life. I also at times experience those ravenous pangs of hunger like nothing I have ever felt before. So, I try to combat them with a piece of fruit and tell myself to just keep on keepin on and it will gradually get better.

This week I had my husband home for three days and while it was such a gift because while he's in this residency at the Naval Hospital we usually NEVER see him, it was also at times very difficult. Because this man has the metabolism of a Kenyan marathon runner, I have to really refrain from snacking with him ( he's ALWAYS eating) and not to snack on what he's eating.

I learned, a little too late, to look up the points of something BEFORE I eat it. Who would've thought that a quarter of a Red Baron cheese pizza is 9 points! IT WAS LIKE THE SIZE OF MY HAND! After I had eaten it and found out how many points it was, I started to think about all the other things I could have chosen for that many points that would have filled me up much more. Like SOUP.

Well, that was this week. Here we go again. One day at a time.

WEIGHT LOST WEEK TWO: 2.5lbs

GRAND TOTAL: 4.5 lbs

Oh...PS, I also taped a picture of Kim Kardashian in a bikini to my fridge so I have to look at her every time I want to get something out. Needless to say, my Husband doesn't mind that at all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment